1 Ratings 1 Comment
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
1. Press cumin onto beef roast. Sprinkle salt and pepper over roast and place in shallow roasting pan. Pour salsa over roast.
2. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Roast in 325 degree F. oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare.
3. Meanwhile, place corn in saucepan and heat according to package directions. Drain any liquid, add black beans and heat.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F. for medium rare; 150 degrees F. for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10 degrees F. to reach 145 degrees F. for medium rare; 160 degrees F. for medium.)
4. Carve roast across the grain into thin slices. Serve with warm black bean and corn medley and additional salsa over hot cooked rice.
Image Courtesy of the California Beef Council. Recipe adapted from the California Beef Council.
Please note that some ingredients and brands may not be available in every store.